Frequently Asked Questions
Back to Help Centre
Safer Buying & Selling (4 FAQs)
General rules of browsing and buying online
- Have up-to-date antivirus software.
- Have up-to-date firewall software.
- Choose a secure password.
- Always log off when you're done.
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier check from outside your country.
- We would recommend that you always inspect any high-value item before purchasing and never transact with sellers from overseas.
- Never give your user name and password to anyone.
- Never complete an email that asks you to fill in user name, password or any personal details.
- Be wary of overseas buyers offering to pay via PayPal accounts.
- Be wary of overseas buyers asking YOU to pay for freight charges.
- Read more below on how to protect yourself from Scams & Virus Tips.
- If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is!!.
Just remember; if it sounds strange, odd or does not make sense then the probability that you're dealing with a scammer is high.
Back To Top
Scams and Virus tips, Beware of possible Internet Scams
Protect Your Password: Never disclose your username and password to anyone. Under no circumstances provide your login details to anyone in response to email or phone requests, no matter how genuine these emails or phone calls may appear to be. Truckworld.com.au will never request that you divulge your username and password.
Buyer / Seller Scams:
Sellers beware of oversees buyers willing to offer more than your asking price. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is and offers like these may be scams.
Buyers: Beware of trucks and/or products listed well below an ordinary asking price. Offers like these may also be scams, particularly if the contact number is disconnected.
A Few Tips
- If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.
- Verify the buyer or seller's details.
- Private parties selling a vehicle should be able to produce evidence of ownership.
- Request proof of Title, Registration, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
- Request a specific photo not common to web postings, such as the actual VIN, or a close-up of a specific component.
- Shipping a vehicle any distance can be costly, so be cautious if a seller is offering free shipping.
- Sometimes buyers can be involved in scams.
Common traps include buyers claiming to pay by bank transfer or cheque for an amount more than required, then asking the seller to pay the difference.
Obviously, if the bank transfer fails or the cheque bounces you'll be out of pocket.
Truckworld.com.au does not accept (on behalf of buyers or sellers) payments, money transfers or deposits.
Please refer to our terms & conditions for more information.
Notify Truckworld.com.au if you suspect a scam or suspicious ad, to email us click here.
To report scams to the relevant authorities or for more information, visit:
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
Back To Top
Protect yourself when selling your truck
Find out who you are dealing with, get a name and contact phone number.
Call the number back to check if it is legitimate.
Before you agree to a test drive its a good idea to check a few things.
Protect your Truckworld.com.au account details
Protect Your Password
Never disclose your username and password to anyone. Under no circumstances provide your login details to anyone in response to email or phone requests, no matter how genuine these emails or phone calls may appear to be. Truckworld.com.au and its members will never request that you divulge your username and password.
Always login to your Truckworld.com.au account by accessing the login page through www.truckworld.com.au website.
Never log in to your Truckworld.com.au account via a link in an email, even if the email looks like it's from Truckworld.com.au.
if you do click on a link always check the URL i.e. www.truckworld.com.au.
If in doubt always log in to your Truckworld.com.au account via the login page.
If you think your account details or ads have been accessed by an unauthorised person contact Truckworld.com.au customer support on 1300 657 890, Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm or email us anytime directly.
Back To Top