How we collect personal information from you
We will collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
Buying / Selling trucks, plant and machinery
- if you are an actual or prospective buyer of a truck, plant or other machinery (‘equipment’) advertised or promoted on our website and you complete any form on the website in connection with any enquiry relating to the equipment, then we will collect personal information from you in relation to that enquiry;
- if you are a prospective or current seller of any equipment advertised or promoted or to be advertised or promoted on our website, then we will collect personal information from you when you register with us and/or complete any forms on the website in connection with any such advertisement or promotional activities;
Banner, related advertising and general enquires
- if you are a prospective or current advertiser or promoter of any equipment, business or activity on our website (not being selling activities referred to above), then we will collect personal information from you in connection with the proposed advertisement or promotional activity.
- if you contact us via our ‘contact us’ form (or any other enquiry form on our website) and you provide us with your name. Please note that depending on the nature of your enquiry, you may need to identify yourself by providing your name; this will particularly be the case if you are a current advertiser of equipment on our website.
Third party advertisements, promotions and forms
- From time to time our website may host links to third party website or forms linked to third parties and/or their websites. When a user of this website clicks on the relevant link they will be taken to that website. Alternatively, when a user enters information (including personal information) into the third party form on our website, the information provided may be collected by us and forwarded to that third party or the information may flow directly to the third party without our system retaining that information. The specific arrangements will depend on the particular form involved. Factors include the nature of the form, as well as the particular coding of the form and the websites involved. It is not possible to anticipate how each particular form will operate in this regard and hence this information is provided as a general description to address circumstances where the information is collected by us and forwarded to the third party. In any event, we may be entitled to receive a fee or commission from the third party in relation to your referral to that third party. We assume that the relevant third party will comply with all applicable disclosure laws to the extent any such fee or commission is or becomes payable.
How we collect personal information from other sources
We can collect personal information about you from other sources in any manner permitted by the Act. We will only collect personal information from other sources where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so in relation to, or in connection with, any services we are supplying in connection with our business. Examples of such sources of personal information include:
- from publicly available information; and
- from our other service providers including any third party that has been authorised to supply us with personal information on your behalf.
When the law authorises or requires collection of personal information
There are laws that may require us to collect and disclose your personal information.
How your personal information may be used
We may collect and disclose your personal information for the following purposes including:
Buying / Selling equipment
- to identify any prospective or actual seller, promoter or advertiser of any equipment, business or activity on our website;
- to process and assess any request to advertise or promote any equipment, business or activity on our website;
- to advertise, market or promote any equipment advertised on our website (which is then accessible by members of the general public that access our website);
- to comply with all applicable laws;
- to tell you about any equipment, business or activity that we are advertising or promoting on our website, unless you tell us not to (this is referred to as direct marketing);
- if you are an actual or prospective buyer of any equipment advertised or promoted on our website, then if you make any enquiry regarding the equipment via our website, we may pass your personal information onto the seller of the relevant equipment.
- to allow us to run our business efficiently and to perform administrative and operational tasks;
- to comply with any dispute resolution or other legal process;
- in order to update our records and your contact details;
- if we enter into or propose to enter into any agreement or arrangement with any party for the purpose of, or in connection with, the acquisition of our business (including any part of our business that includes personal information), then we may provide that party (including its legal, financial and other professional advisers) with personal information in relation to or in connection with those arrangements; and
- any other purpose to which you have consented.
You can tell us at any time if you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information or offers from us. We will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable after receipt of the request.
How we share your personal information
Sharing personal information with third parties
Your personal information may also be used in order to:
We may seek and use personal information about you from, and use or disclose personal information about you to, third parties in relation to the advertisement or promotion of any equipment, business or activity on our website or any form you complete on our website. These third parties may include:
- your authorised representatives, lawyers or accountants;
- financial institutions including deposit taking institutions (in connection with the processing of any payments in relation to our website);
- organisations in and associated with debt collecting;
- law enforcement agencies;
- government and/or regulatory bodies including (without limitation) the NSW Department of Fair Trading (and its equivalent in each State of Territory of Australia), the Australian Taxation Office, the NSW Office of State Revenue (and its equivalent in each State of Territory of Australia) and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. In many cases, these organisations may share information with foreign authorities (you should refer to their privacy policies in this regard);
- mailing houses and telemarketing agencies that assist us to communicate with you;
- if we enter into, or propose to enter into, any agreement or arrangement with any party for the purpose of, or in connection with, the acquisition of our business (including any part of our business that includes personal information), that party (including its legal, financial and other professional advisers) to provide personal information in relation to or in connection with those arrangements; and
- when a user enters information (including personal information) into the third party form on our website, the information provided may be collected by us and forwarded to that third party or the information may flow directly to the third party without our system retaining that information. The specific arrangements will depend on the particular form involved. Please refer to an earlier section detailing the factors and other considerations that determine the specific arrangements as well as our disclosure in regards to fees and commissions. If we are entitled to any fees and/or commissions relating to your referral to any third party, we may also use the information provided in order to keep track of the referral made; and
- service providers including IT and data consultants, agents, contractors and advisers that assist us to conduct our business.
Sharing personal information with related companies
We may share personal information about you with our related companies for any of the purposes described above.
Sharing personal information outside of Australia
We may store information about you in a cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries through an internet connection it is not always practical to know in which country personal information about you may be held.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas organisation that receives your personal information will comply with the Act.
If you do not provide personal information
If you do not provide your personal information to us, it may not be possible to provide you with the service that you have requested or applied for, for example:
- if personal information is not disclosed by an actual or prospective seller of any equipment or advertiser or promoter of any business or activity, then we may be unable to process the application to advertise or promote the equipment, business or activity.
- if personal information is not disclosed by an actual or prospective buyer in connection with any interest they communicate via this website in relation to any equipment, business or activity advertised or promoted on this website, we will not be able to pass on your personal information to the advertiser or promoter of the equipment, business or activity;
- to let you know about other services we provide that might be suitable for your needs (unless you opt out of this by telling us that you do not wish to receive such information);
Personal information about other people
If you give us personal information about any other person in relation to, or in connection with our website (including any form you complete on our website):
- we are entitled to assume that you have sought their consent to the disclosure of such personal information to us;
- access the personal information we hold about them.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
General users of the website, such as actual or prospective buyers of equipment advertised or promoted on this website do not need to identify themselves. However, in an effort to protect the contact phone numbers of our private advertisers of equipment on our website, the private advertiser’s contact telephone number is not viewable until the prospective or actual buyer provides their mobile telephone number to us, and after they enter into our website a secure code that is SMS’d to their mobile number.
Further and wherever reasonably possible, we can provide information of a general nature such as, for example, we can respond to general telephone, ‘contact us’ or other email enquiries to unidentified individuals. Of course, if an individual makes an enquiry by email or other electronic or written methods then there is every possibility that the mode of communication may identify you.
However, there are some categories of enquiries that we are not always able to deal with without identifying the person making the enquiry. This will be particularly the case when you are an actual or prospector seller, advertiser or promoter of any equipment, business or activity on our website. In that case, we may be unable to provide specific assistance without first identifying you.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including any personal or sensitive information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Marketing and opt-out
We may also use the information, including personal information (excluding sensitive information), provided by you for marketing and research purposes, to analyse and improve products, services and benefits and to inform you of products, services and benefits provided by us, our related entities, suppliers or sponsors which we consider may be of value or interest to you, unless you tell us (see the marketing opt-out below), or have previously told us not to. We will not use your sensitive information for these purposes without your consent.
Accessing your Personal Information
Unless we are entitled to withhold access to your personal information (and there are various reasons why this may be the case), you have the right to request access to any personal information held by us which relates to you. We may charge a reasonable fee where access to personal information is provided. Any requests for access to your personal information should be made in writing to the Privacy Officer (details specified below).
You also have the right to request the correction of any personal information which relates to you that is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, misleading or out-of-date.
If you require any further information about our management of personal information or have any queries or complaints, you should contact:
The Privacy Officer
Sandhills Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1/371 Macarthur Ave,
Hamilton QLD 4007
Telephone: 07 3056 0831
SCHEDULE – THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, LINKS AND FORMS
The following third party links / forms are made available on our website: